Topic: The Rewards of Waiting on the Lord [Thursday July 13, 2017]
Scripture: …And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation. Isaiah 25:7-9
Thought For The Day: Those who wait on God cannot waste in life.
From our anchor scripture, it can be established that waiting on the Lord cannot be in vain. When we wait on the Lord in prayer and fasting, He intervenes for us.
It is important, therefore, to understand the rewards of waiting on the Lord. This is because we do not get results by merely carrying out an action but by the revelation with which we carry out the action.
So, we are going to look at some of the rewards of waiting on the Lord according to Isaiah 25:7-9.
1. The destruction of the veil or cloud of evil (Isaiah 25:7).
2. The swallowing up of death in victory (Isaiah 25:8). It was in the season of waiting on the Lord that the death that was meant to come to Israel through Haman was destroyed and dissolved by the fasting of Esther and her maidens (Esther 4 to 7).
3. The wiping away of tears from all faces.
4. The taking away of the reproach of the people.
5. The release of gladness and celebration.
Have You Read?
Beloved, those who wait on God cannot waste in life. So, wait on God and He will show up for you in the time of need.
Remember this: Those who wait on God cannot waste in life.
1. Have a schedule for a periodic fasting and prayer.
2. Study the Word of God and expect a revelation that will address your situation in the course of your fast.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: WHAT IT TAKES TO WAIT ON THE LORD.
Prayer: O LORD, nothing can take the place of Your Presence in my life. In You I live, move and have my being. I receive the grace to wait on You, LORD, in Jesus’ Name.
Daily Reading: 1 Chronicles15:1 to 16:36, Romans 1:18 to 32, Psalm 10:1 to 15, Proverbs 19: 6 to 7
Quote: You must travail in the closet in order to prevail in public. Culled from PRINCIPLES AND POWER OF PRAYER by Dr Paul Enenche.
Amazing Fact: The arapaima is a gigantic carnivorous air-breathing fish that lives in the rivers and swamps of the Amazon Basin; it is so well equipped that even its tongue has teeth.
Today In History: 13/07/1930 – The 1st ever football (soccer) World Cup competition began in Uruguay.
Dunamis International Gospel Centre (DIGC), is a powerfully anointed church, headquartered at Abuja, Nigeria, with Dr Paul and Dr Becky Enenche, as the Senior Pastors. It is a power-packed arena where God’s Presence, Principles and Power are at work for the salvation, healing and restoration of human destinies and dignities.