RCCG House Fellowship Sunday Manual, 19th November, 2017 Lesson 12
TOPIC: REBELLION LEADS TO DESTRUCTION [SUNDAY, 19TH NOVEMBER, 2017]
HOUSE FELLOWSHIP ANTHEM:
CALL: Do you love this family?
RESP: I Love this family of God
CALL: Tell me how close to you
RESP: So close knitted into one
ALL: They are taking me into their arms And ‘am so glad to be a part of this great family
SUGGESTED TIME SCHEDULE:
Praise and Worship.. 10minutes Testimonies………10 minutes
Bible Discussion……….. 15 minutes
General Prayers…………. 15 minutes Questions Welcoming New Converts Announcements…………. 10 minutes Offering Closing prayer. TOTAL-60 MINUTES (1 HOUR)
MEMORY VERSE: “For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.” – 1 Samuel 15:23.
- TREM’s Daily 12 November 2017 Devotional by Dr. Mike Okonkwo – Learn To Exercise Dominion
- Seeds of Destiny 12 October 2017 by Pastor Paul Enenche — Uprightness: A Key To Your Lifting
- Open Heavens For TEENS: Thursday 12 October 2017 by Pastor Adeboye – The Believer’s Authority II
- Seeds of Destiny 12 November 2017 by Pastor Paul Enenche: Failure Is Not A Bus Stop
- DCLM Daily Manna 12 November, 2017 by Pastor Kumuyi – Ungodly Practices
BIBLE PASSAGE: Numbers 16:1-5, 28-35; Rev 12:7-9.
1 Now Korah, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, and Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men:
2 And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly, famous in the congregation, men of renown:
3 And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the LORD?
- Our Daily Manna October 9, 2017: ODM devotional – You Are What You Choose
- DCLM Daily Manna 16 November, 2017 by Pastor Kumuyi – In Your Favour
- Open Heavens 22 October 2017: Sunday daily devotional by Pastor Adeboye – Fulfill Your Calling
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL: OCTOBER 1ST, 2017 LESSON FIVE (5) — THE SANCTIFIED LIFE
- Joyce Meyer’s Daily 12 November 2017 Devotional: Simplify Your Prayers
4 And when Moses heard it, he fell upon his face:
5 And he spake unto Korah and unto all his company, saying, Even to morrow the LORD will shew who are his, and who is holy; and will cause him to come near unto him: even him whom he hath chosen will he cause to come near unto him.
Numbers 16: 28-35:
28 And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.
29 If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then the LORD hath not sent me.
30 But if the LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the LORD.
31 And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them:
32 And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods.
33 They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation.
34 And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also.
35 And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Prayer Point: Father, please don’t let me fall into the sin of rebellion and stubbornness, Amen
Rebellion is an open resistance towards a person or proof persons in authority. It is characterized by refusal to obey or carry out the instructions of the leader. It tends to set a parallel authority which often leads to confusion, disorderliness, confrontation and war. *1 Cor14:33* “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of saint” *Rom 13:1-2* “Let every soul be subject unto higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
Common Features of Rebellion
I. Pride. Virtually all those who rebel are extremely proud. Ezekiel 28:14-17. 1Pet 5:5; Num 16:1-3
II. Stubbornness. 1Sam 15:23a For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry…”
III. Disobedience: in rebellion, disobedience isnot accidental or by mistake, they deliberately and persistently disobey constituted authorityto resist the leadership. Num 16:3-14.
IV. Evil ambition to usurp power/leadership. Num 16:3 Isa14:12-14.
V. Wooing more converts to support their cause. What started with Korah, Dathan and Abiram soon had two hundred and fifty influential leaders. Num 16:1-2 and after disrespecting Moses publicly (Num 16:12-14); in verse 19, Korah gathered the whole congregation to his side before God intervened.
VI. Lying: there is a pattern in rebellious people, both young and old, of deceit. They create different personalities for different setsof people.vthwy make up half-histories of ilk treatment– legitimate claims, but highly selective. And they tell outright falsehoods.
The End of Rebellion is always Destruction
1. Disastrous judgement awaiting rebelsIn Numc16:21-33; 35, Korah, Dathan and Abiram, their families and houses were swallowed by the ground and the ground closed up on them.
2. Disgraceful Ending
3. Korah, Dathan and Abiram did not die alone but their innocent children were not spared either.
4. Their supporters numbering two hundred and fifty were consumed by God’s fire.
God has described rebellion as a sin (1 Sam 15:23a). ‘Rom 13 2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.’ Christians are expected to obey the Constituted authority placed over them Rom 13:1. The end of rebellion is usually disastrous and extensive. May we not partake in Rebellion be it in the Church or in any sector we find ourselves in Jesus Name.
1. Father, please help me to be humble and obedient to the end.2. Father, separate me from every spirit of stubbornness and pride.3. I come against every seed of rebellion, you will not germinate in RCCG in Jesus Name
4. Father, just like you uprooted Korah, Dathanand Abiram against Moses, please uproot every satanic gang up against the General Overseer5. Father, frustrate every move of Satan to make us fall from your grace.
7 GOLDEN DIET FOR THE WEEK
MONDAY: Rom 13:1-7 Help me to always submit to the Authorities.
TUESDAY: Num 14:1-45. Father, let me always please you like Caleb.
WEDNESDAY: Num 16:1-35. Father, please don’t let me ever belong to the rebels.
THURSDAY:.…. omitted(make your request)
FRIDAY: Num 16:21-24, 35; 2Kings 1:8-15. Heb.12:29. Father, you are a Consuming Fire indeed please do not consume me in your anger
SATURDAY: Ps 75:6; 1Pet 5:5-6, Father, help me to wait for your promotion and clothe me with humility
SUNDAY: Num 16:3; Isa 14:12-14. Father, I totally reject every satanic ambition in Jesus name
NOTE: God has the final say follow Him.
Please let us invite our neighbours in our various Centers, we need more member God bless you as you comply Amen.