Topic: The True Test of Spiritual Maturity [Thursday November 30, 2017]
A time will come, however, indeed it is already here, when the true (genuine) worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth (reality); for the Father is seeking just such people as these as His worshipers. — John 4:23
More than anything else, God wants us to have genuine, pure, fervent love for Him and for others. If we can manage only one thing in our lives, it should be to love other people.
Many people think great faith is the number one sign of spiritual maturity. But I believe that walking in love is the true test of spiritual maturity, and I know that it energizes our faith walk.
- Billy Graham’s Daily 13 November 2017 Devotional: Heart Trouble
- Kenneth and Gloria Copeland’s Daily November 12, 2017 Devotional: Open the Flow
- Andrew Wommack’s Daily 14 November 2017 Devotional: Receive The Ministry Of The Angels
- Billy Graham’s Daily 11 October 2017 Devotional: The Problem of Boredom
- Joyce Meyer’s Daily 25 November 2017 Devotional: God Knows We Can’t Be Perfect
The Bible teaches that faith works through love. Galatians 5:6 says what really counts is faith activated and energized and expressed and working through love. Love is not just what we say or a theory; it’s action.
Trying to walk in faith without love is like having a flashlight with no battery. We must keep our “love battery” charged at all times, otherwise our faith will not work! I believe Christians run into problems when they do not diligently pursue walking in love as a vital part of their faith and relationship with God.
So pursue a life of love, and watch your faith strengthen and grow. When God’s love comes first, everything else follows.
Prayer Starter: God, I know my faith is useless without love. Help me live a life overflowing with Your love. Guide me as I receive Your love and give Your love to others.
From Joyce Meyer’s Ministries