Movie – The Letters: The Epic Life Story of Mother Teresa
Thanks For Viewing.
The Letters – Nobel Peace Prize recipient, Mother Teresa brought worldwide attention to human suffering around the globe through her service to the “poorest of the poor” on the streets of Calcutta, India. Embark on a journey to discover her path, as told for the first time through her personal letters.
Mother Teresa (Juliet Stevenson), recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize, is considered one of the greatest humanitarians of modern times. Her selfless commitment changed hearts, lives and inspired millions throughout the world. The film is told through personal letters she wrote over the last forty years of her life and reveal a troubled and vulnerable woman who grew to feel an isolation and an abandonment by God. The story is told from the point of view of a Vatican priest (Max von Sydow) charged with the task of investigating acts and events following her death. He recounts her life’s work, her political oppression, her religious zeal, and her unbreakable spirit.
- Juliet Stevenson as Mother Teresa
- Rutger Hauer as Benjamin Praggh
- Max von Sydow as Father Celeste van Exem
- Priya Darshini as Shubashini Das
- Kranti Redkar as Deepa Ambereesh
- Mahabanoo Mody-Kotwal as Mother General
- Tillotama Shome as Kavitha Singh
- Vijay Maurya as Maharaj Singh
- Vivek Gomber as Ashwani Sharma
- Pravishi Das as Dinsha Sahu
Release Date: (DVD/Blu-ray) March 22, 2016